Club Amigo Caracol, located at Santa Lucia’s beach, an snorkeler’s paradise! A short distance from the second largest coral reef in the world, Santa Lucia also boasts a beautiful stretch of beach from which to enjoy water sports or perfect your tan.
Club Amigo Caracol is located in Santa Lucía’s beach, which is nearly 110 km kilometers to the northeast of the Camagüey city, being one of the largest Cuban beaches with 20 km of length. These sandy beaches of perfectly transparent, warm waters, which are protected by the coralline barrier of the Atlantic, which is the second greatest one of the world, only surpassed by the one of Australia.
Exactly in front of Santa Lucía is the reef’s closest point to the main island, less than 200 meters away from the shore. That’s why it is an excellent area for diving with more than 50 corals, 200 sponges and about 500 tropical fish species, besides 27 sunken ships can be seen at this unique, amazing submarine environment. Club Amigo Caracol is located in Santa Lucia Beachfront, 90 minutes from Ignacio Agramonte Airport, 45 minutes to Nuevitas.
All Inclusive Plan: Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks, Entertainment activities, Cuban/International Non-Premium alcoholic & soft drinks, Nightclub/Disco, Entertainment & shows, Water sports, Catamaran, Kayak.
I went to Caracol in late October of 2009. Let me start with saying i paid 450 taxes included for the trip, so i went into it with a very open mind. I read a few of the reviews and they were mostly good.
Pros of the Resort:
- Very clean and well kept up, people were always working on the resort.
- Food was very good, pasta bar at night was amazing and omelette's in the morning are very yummy
- Staff is very friendly and fun, they play daily games and the shows are very entertaining.
- Beach is very well kept
- Pool is kept up very nicely and the pool bar is great
Cons of the resort
- Not very much to choose from and meals are almost the same food every night
- If you dont tip the waiter get your own drinks or you will die of thirst
- HOOKERS EVERYWHERE, young Cuban girls with old men, they flaunt it too its pretty gross
all and all tho its a pritty nice resort. i have been to quite a few resorts in Cuba and this has been the best on in 5 trips. Ill be going back after i graduate college in Feb of 2010 and ide recommend that anyone who thinking of going here should definitely go.
Posted in 2009-07-01 03:52:42